Quick Country Fried Steak
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This simple country-fried steak recipe is a succulent dish that will please the entire family. Try this tasty recipe alongside a heaping pile of mashed potatoes and gravy.
What You'll Need
- 4 beef cubed steaks (1 to 1-1/4 pounds total) pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening or oil
- 1 1/2 cups milk
What to Do
- Season the steaks with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- Place buttermilk in a shallow dish. Place 3/4 cup flour in another shallow dish. Dip steaks in buttermilk then in flour, coating completely.
- In a large deep skillet, heat shortening over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add steaks and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through and coating is golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter and cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining 3 tablespoons flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to skillet. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until flour is browned, stirring constantly. Add milk and stir until gravy thickens. Serve steaks topped with gravy.
Check This Out!
- Want more breakfast options? Try our Hash Brown Breakfast Pie, our Homemade Biscuits and Gravy, or our Make-Ahead Breakfast Casserole!
- We're craving pancakes! Join us for our Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes, or our Cannoli Flapjacks.
- If you want to put something pretty on the breakfast table, we suggest our Strawberry Cheesecake Breafast Rollups, or our Wake Up Air Fryer Avocado Boats!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 589
- Calories from Fat 358
- Total Fat 40g 61 %
- Saturated Fat 9.2g 46 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 32g 63 %
- Cholesterol 92mg 31 %
- Sodium 747mg 31 %
- Total Carbohydrates 25g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.7g 3 %
- Sugars 6.9g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
For a fresh and quick meal, whip up our Fresh Garden Pasta! Made with all the warm weather favorites, like zucchini, summer squash, and onion chunks, our garden veggie angel pasta is a flavorful symphony of flavors. Dig in to enjoy the combination of roasted veggies that rests beautifully on top of some angel hair pasta! But the best part of this summer pasta recipe? It's totally budget-friendly! Plus, you can easily swap out your roasted veggies based on what's in your kitchen or available at the local farmer's market.