Roasted Prime Rib of Beef
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Will you be wearing your "holiday best" for Christmas dinner? Well, if you're going all out anyway, then our recipe for Roasted Prime Rib of Beef is what you need to make your Christmas dinner a memorable one. Every juicy slice of this main dish will make you wish for Christmas every day of the year!
What You'll Need
- 6 pounds boneless beef prime rib
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaf
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup beef broth
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a roasting pan with cooking spray. Place beef fat side up on a rack in a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, combine thyme, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well. Rub mixture evenly over entire beef.
- Roast beef 30 minutes, then reduce heat to 300 degrees and continue cooking 2-1/2 hours for medium rare or until meat thermometer reaches 125 degrees, or until desired doneness beyond that. Remove beef to cutting board and let stand 15 minutes tented with foil before carving across grain.
- Meanwhile, on the stove top over medium heat, add wine and beef broth to pan and whisk until pan is deglazed, 2 to 3 minutes. Drizzle au jus over prime rib and serve immediately.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've never heard of toad-in-the-hole, well, let us enlighten you! It's a recipe that is perfect for breakfast, dinner, or even brinner -- that's breakfast for dinner! Our Sheet Pan Toad-in-the-Hole comes together with all the flavors you love, without any of the mess of a traditional big breakfast. Once you try it, you're gonna wonder how you lived without it!