Simmerin' Beef and Peppers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You're gonna have to admit that this is one of the tastiest steak dishes around! With bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, and a beef round steak simmered in a rich mushroom and wine sauce, you've got a hands-down winner.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 bell peppers (1 red, 1 green), cut into thin strips
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 pounds beef round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons browning and seasoning sauce
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add the mushrooms, bell peppers, and onions, and saute for 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Remove the vegetables to a bowl, reserving the drippings in the skillet.
- Season the steak with the salt and black pepper, and brown in the skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the soup, wine, and water; mix well and pour over the browned steak. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Stir the vegetables and the browning and seasoning sauce into the steak mixture; cook uncovered for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the sauce is thickened.
- This makes a hearty dish served over warm cooked rice.
- For more tasty mushroom ideas, check out our collection of 28 Mouthwatering Mushroom Recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This classic dessert is so special, it's worthy of being on a White House menu. Come to think of it...it was! This is one of the desserts that was served when former President Kennedy and his family hosted a luncheon for Princess Grace Kelly. The good news is, you don't have to be royalty to enjoy our White House Strawberries Romanoff!