Sloppy Joe Biscuit Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We're taking you back to your cafeteria eatin' days with our recipe for Sloppy Joe Biscuit Bake. This easy casserole has so much old-fashioned taste, you're gonna be using the biscuits to soak up every last meaty and flavorful bite. Yum!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup pancake and baking mix
- 1/3 cup milk
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef, onion, and bell pepper 8 to 10 minutes, or until no longer pink. Drain off excess fat. Add tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook 5 to 6 minutes, or until heated through. Pour into casserole dish and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together baking mix and milk. Dollop 5 equal spoonfuls of batter onto meat mixture.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown and firm in center.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll be the star of the next get together when you bring this easy chili recipe along. You see, the combination of ground beef and Italian sausage makes for a hearty recipe that no one can resist. When they ask you what it's called just say, "That's My Tailgating Chili!" with a smile.