Slow Cooker Barbecue Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Love is a strong word, but there's no better description for how you'll feel about this Slow Cooker Barbecue Sandwich! When you take a bite into the tender, barbecue meat in this sandwich you'll fall in love in no time!
What You'll Need
- 1 (2-1/2-pound) boneless chuck roast, trimmed
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 (12-ounce) can cola-flavored beverage (1-1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 hamburger buns
What to Do
- Place roast in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart electric slow cooker; add onions.
- Combine cola and next 7 ingredients; reserve 1 cup sauce, and cover and chill. Pour remaining sauce over roast. Cover and cook on HIGH setting 6 hours; or cook on HIGH 1 hour, reduce heat to LOW, and cook 8 more hours or until roast is very tender.
- Remove roast and chopped onions from cooker, using a slotted spoon; shred meat with two forks. (Reserve remaining meat juices to spoon over mashed potatoes or toast, if desired.)
- Combine reserved 1 cup sauce, ketchup, butter, and shredded meat in slow cooker; cook on HIGH setting until thoroughly heated, stirring often. Spoon meat mixture onto buns.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Feel-Good Smoothie Bowl features the perfect blend of fresh-from-the-freezer fruit, almond milk and honey. It's a healthier way to start your day, since each bowl is loaded with vitamins and nutrients. And if you top each bowl with a little granola and extra fruit, you'll be adding even more goodness to your morning meal!