Slow Cooker Short Ribs and Cabbage
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This hearty, all-in-one, beefed-up dinner will definitely knock your lederhosen socks off! Our Slow Cooker Short Ribs and Cabbage is a German-inspired dish that features meaty ribs in a sweet and tangy sauce with lots of cabbage. It's a slow cooker dinner that'll have everyone saying, "Ach Das Schmeckt!"
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 1/2 pounds beef chuck short ribs
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 a cabbage, coarsely chopped (about 5 cups)
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Add ribs in batches and brown on all sides.
- In a 6-quart or larger slow cooker, combine crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, lemon juice, brown sugar, caraway seeds, and salt; mix well. Place ribs over tomato mixture, then top with cabbage.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 9 hours, or until beef is fork-tender. Skim fat from sauce, then spoon sauce over ribs and serve with cabbage.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 983
- Calories from Fat 430
- Total Fat 48g 74 %
- Saturated Fat 19g 93 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 83g 166 %
- Cholesterol 241mg 80 %
- Sodium 1,002mg 42 %
- Total Carbohydrates 56g 19 %
- Dietary Fiber 6.9g 27 %
- Sugars 46g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.