Slow Cooker Short Ribs and Cabbage
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This hearty, all-in-one, beefed-up dinner will definitely knock your lederhosen socks off! Our Slow Cooker Short Ribs and Cabbage is a German-inspired dish that features meaty ribs in a sweet and tangy sauce with lots of cabbage. It's a slow cooker dinner that'll have everyone saying, "Ach Das Schmeckt!"
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 1/2 pounds beef chuck short ribs
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 a cabbage, coarsely chopped (about 5 cups)
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Add ribs in batches and brown on all sides.
- In a 6-quart or larger slow cooker, combine crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, lemon juice, brown sugar, caraway seeds, and salt; mix well. Place ribs over tomato mixture, then top with cabbage.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 9 hours, or until beef is fork-tender. Skim fat from sauce, then spoon sauce over ribs and serve with cabbage.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 983
- Calories from Fat 430
- Total Fat 48g 74 %
- Saturated Fat 19g 93 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 83g 166 %
- Cholesterol 241mg 80 %
- Sodium 1,002mg 42 %
- Total Carbohydrates 56g 19 %
- Dietary Fiber 6.9g 27 %
- Sugars 46g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you have a big Christmas list, we've got a yummy, budget-friendly solution! Our Caramel-Dipped Chocolate Apples are the perfect DIY Christmas gifts! Everyone will love the combo of ooey gooey caramel, sweet chocolate, and crisp apple, but want to know the best part? There's an unlimited amount of ways to decorate these!