We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No ho-hum burgers here! We've turned the basic backyard burger into a towering fiesta of flavors. Pepper Jack cheese, avocado dip, and green chilie mayonnaise are star attractions!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped green chilies (about 1/2 of a 4.5-ounce can)
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 small onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning mix or chili powder
- 6 (1-ounce) slices Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- 6 large sesame seed buns
- 1 (6-ounce) carton avocado dip
What to Do
- Stir together mayonnaise and green chilies; cover and chill.
- Preheat grill. Stir together ground chuck, diced onion, salt, black pepper, and taco seasoning mix; shape into 6 patties.
- Grill patties, covered, over medium-high heat (350 degrees F. to 400 degrees F.) 7 to 8 minutes on each side or until beef is no longer pink. Top patties with cheese, and grill an additional minute or until cheese melts.
- Place buns on grill, cut side down. Grill 1 minute or until lightly toasted. Serve patties on buns with avocado dip, desired toppings (curly leaf lettuce, red onion slices, or tomato slices), and green chilie mayonnaise.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.