The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
No ho-hum burgers here! We've turned the basic backyard burger into a towering fiesta of flavors. Pepper Jack cheese, avocado dip, and green chilie mayonnaise are star attractions!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped green chilies (about 1/2 of a 4.5-ounce can)
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 small onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning mix or chili powder
- 6 (1-ounce) slices Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- 6 large sesame seed buns
- 1 (6-ounce) carton avocado dip
What to Do
- Stir together mayonnaise and green chilies; cover and chill.
- Preheat grill. Stir together ground chuck, diced onion, salt, black pepper, and taco seasoning mix; shape into 6 patties.
- Grill patties, covered, over medium-high heat (350 degrees F. to 400 degrees F.) 7 to 8 minutes on each side or until beef is no longer pink. Top patties with cheese, and grill an additional minute or until cheese melts.
- Place buns on grill, cut side down. Grill 1 minute or until lightly toasted. Serve patties on buns with avocado dip, desired toppings (curly leaf lettuce, red onion slices, or tomato slices), and green chilie mayonnaise.
This recipe is from The Best of Mr. Food Cookbook Series Oxmoor House, Inc. If you would like more recipes like this, click here.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Braised Mediterranean Beef
We know you're always looking for one pot dinner recipes that keep the menu fresh and fun. Well, our Braised Mediterranean Beef is a one-pot recipe full of comfort, flavor, and flair! It'll bring the family together around the table, and don't be surprised, when there's none left over! The combo of garlic, tomatoes, and red wine really add bold flavors that will make this a family-favorite!