Spicy Orange Beef
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Why not serve this as part of a Chinese-style buffet? You could make this, Possible Orchard Pork, and your favorite fried rice to go along with it. It'll be a breeze!
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds beef top or bottom round, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 fresh orange peel, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup beef broth
What to Do
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine 1 tablespoon peanut oil, the soy sauce, ginger, and sugar; mix well. Add the beef strips and toss to coat.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining peanut oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add the orange peel to the skillet and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, or until it begins to brown. Add the flour to the meat mixture and stir until well coated; place the beef in the skillet and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until no pink remains, stirring occasionally. Add the orange juice, cayenne pepper, and beef broth.
- Stir well to mix any flour from the bottom of the pan. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 7 to 9 more minutes or until the sauce is thickened.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Crispy Avocado Wedges are a summer-fresh way to enjoy something crispy-crunchy. They're also a healthier alternative to french fries. Serve them with our homemade cilantro dipping sauce and you've got yourself a tasty snack (or side dish) that can't be beat!