Summer Grilled Steak
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Summer Grilled Steak is marinated in a quick homemade marinade that's packed with rich flavor, sure to excite their taste buds when you serve it.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds sirloin steak, about 1/2 inch thick (see Notes)
What to Do
- Preheat the barbecue grill or the oven to broil.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except steak; stir well to blend. Prick both sides of steak with a fork then place in a shallow baking dish.
- Brush tomato sauce mixture generously over both sides of steak. Grill or broil for 8 to 10 minutes, then turn, brush on remaining sauce, and cook 8 to 10 more minutes, to desired doneness. Serve immediately.
- You can also try porterhouse, rib steak, or top round steak in this recipe.
- For an added zip, try adding a bit of hot pepper sauce.
- Serve this your favorite way: sliced, rolled, sandwiched or pocketed.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you get a craving for fresh baked cookies, you have to do what you have to do. Luckily, here in the Test Kitchen, we can make cookies any time we want. Our go-to are these Oatmeal Cranberry cookies. Can you blame us? These sweet oats and tart cranberries are always a treat when washed down with ice cold milk. We wish you could smell the scent of cinnamon in the Test Kitchen, but making them in your home is just as tasty.