Sweet and Savory Burgers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These ingredients may sound unusual for a burger, but these Asian-inspired ingredients will really spice things up. You may even enjoy this more than a regular burger.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup hot jalapeno jelly
- 8 hamburger buns
What to Do
- Stir together first 6 ingredients; pour into a shallow pan or baking dish.
- Shape beef into 8 patties; place in a single layer in marinade, turning to coat both sides. Cover and chill 4 hours. Drain, reserving marinade. Bring marinade to a boil in a small saucepan; set aside for basting.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat (350 to 400 degrees). Grill patties 5 minutes on each side or until beef is no longer pink, brushing several times with reserved marinade.
- Stir together chili sauce and jelly. Serve patties on buns with chili sauce mixture.
For great tasting toppings in no time, toss sweet onion slices and pineapple slices on the grill to cook along with your burgers.