Tomorrow's Shepherd's Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Tomorrow's Shepherd's Pie is the perfect dish to prepare the day before you plan to serve it. That's how it got its name. You'll love it, too, 'cause all you'll have to do when you get home from work is pop it in the oven for a fuss-free meal.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 (1-ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (10-ounce) can beef gravy
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (7-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can sliced carrots, drained
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 8 servings instant mashed potatoes
- Paprika for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef and chopped onion. Drain off any excess liquid. Add soup mix, gravy, garlic powder, and pepper; mix well. Add corn, carrots, and peas; mix well.
- Place in prepared casserole dish. Spread mashed potatoes over the top and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until heated through.
If you do make this the day before serving, don't bake it until just before planning to eat it. It should take 35 to 40 minutes to heat through after it's been stored in the refrigerator.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This classic dessert is so special, it's worthy of being on a White House menu. Come to think of it...it was! This is one of the desserts that was served when former President Kennedy and his family hosted a luncheon for Princess Grace Kelly. The good news is, you don't have to be royalty to enjoy our White House Strawberries Romanoff!