The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Twin Pepper Steak Kebabs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
Most of today's meat cuts are leaner than they used to be. That's why we chose top sirloin for this. It's got the same big taste we always loved, but it's a little lighter now.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds boneless beef top sirloin steak, well trimmed and cut into 32 equal-sized chunks
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, cut into 16 pieces
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, cut into 16 pieces
- 8 (10- to 12-inch) metal or wooden skewers
What to Do
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 15 to 20 minutes. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, combine ketchup, steak sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce over medium heat; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Cut steak into 32 even chunks, about 1 ounce each. Thread each skewer alternately with 4 pieces of steak, 2 pieces of red bell pepper, and 2 pieces of green bell pepper. Place skewers in a 9- x 13-inch glass baking dish and pour cooled sauce over the top. Cover and chill at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place kebabs on prepared baking sheet. Broil 14 to 16 minutes, or to desired doneness, turning halfway through the cooking.
These can also be cooked on a barbecue or an indoor grill for the same amount of time.