We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our easy homemade marinade turns skewers of boneless sirloin steak and veggies into zesty kebabs! Chock-full of fresh ingredients, this one is a mealtime winner!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 pounds boneless beef sirloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium-sized red onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 10 (10-inch) metal or bamboo skewers
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt, black pepper, and lemon juice until well combined; set aside.
- Alternately thread 4 pieces each of beef, green pepper, yellow pepper, and onion on each skewer. Lay the skewers in a shallow dish and cover completely with the oil mixture. Cover and chill for 8 to 10 hours, or overnight, turning the skewers occasionally.
- Preheat the broiler. Cover a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the kebabs on the baking sheet; discard any excess marinade. Broil 18 to 20 minutes for medium, or until desired doneness beyond that, turning the skewers halfway through cooking.
Serving: You'll really turn heads when you serve these over hot cooked rice and with an easy salad of watermelon chunks tossed with chunks of feta cheese. Wow!
Yields 10 skewers.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 232
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 15g 22 %
- Saturated Fat 2.9g 14 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 21g 41 %
- Cholesterol 54mg 18 %
- Sodium 285mg 12 %
- Total Carbohydrates 4.2g 1 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.9g 4 %
- Sugars 1.1g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.