We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Everyone loves a tasty brisket, but we think it's even better when it's ready in half the time! Made with our homemade blend of spices, this Cowboy Brisket is going to be a melt-in-your-mouth dinner favorite you can't get enough of. Whether you serve this up in a sandwich roll or just as is, this is an instantly delicious way to chow down.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 (3 1/2- to 4-pound) beef brisket, trimmed
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 cup + 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
What to Do
- Place a trivet or foil collar in the bottom of a 6-quart or larger electric pressure cooker or Instant Pot.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Rub mixture over brisket and place fat side up on the trivet in the pressure cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, vinegar, 1 cup water, the ketchup, and liquid smoke, if desired; pour over brisket. Lay onion slices on top of meat.
- Securely lock lid; set pressure cooker to cook 50 to 55 minutes. Perform a natural release. Be careful when opening the top as the steam will be hot. Place brisket on a cutting board to rest for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and remaining 3 tablespoons water. Set on simmer or heat setting. Stir mixture into pressure cooker and simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened. Slice brisket across the grain and serve sauce over brisket.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tips!
- How about picking up some Ciabatta rolls and piling on some sliced brisket to make a delicious Texas-sized brisket sandwich!
- For more fantastic brisket recipes try our Crowd-Pleasing Brisket, or our Honey Dijon Brisket.
- We love these tasty beef recipes. Try our 5-Minute Beef Stir Fry, our 30-Minute Beef Stroganoff, or our Bacon-Barbecue Joe!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 460
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21g 33 %
- Saturated Fat 8.2g 41 %
- Trans Fat 1.1g 0 %
- Protein 47g 94 %
- Cholesterol 152mg 51 %
- Sodium 1,230mg 51 %
- Total Carbohydrates 21g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.7g 3 %
- Sugars 17g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
How about lasagna for dinner...and dessert?! With our recipe for Very Cherry Lasagna, you can surprise your family with an unexpected dessert that's sweet, creamy, and full of cherry goodness. We'll be honest, this one is really amazing and super simple!