Basil Pesto Focaccia
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether you enjoy this beloved Italian recipe as an appetizer, snack, or perfect go-along, your family will be begging for more. The Italian flavors all blend together for a combination that'll have everyone reaching for seconds. When they ask what it is, just tell them it's our Basil Pesto Focaccia! We can guarantee that "Focaccia" will be everyone's favorite new thing about Italy!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 (10-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 cup fresh basil (see Tip)
- 1/3 cup walnuts or pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) Italian-blend cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray then sprinkle with cornmeal. Unroll pizza crust and place over cornmeal. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a blender or food processor, blend basil, walnuts, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper until well combined, stopping occasionally to scrape down sides. This will be the best pesto you ever tasted. Spread pesto evenly over crust.
- Arrange tomato slices over pesto. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into strips, and serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tip!
- No time to make pesto? No problem. Skip those ingredients, and use 1/3 cup prepared pesto instead. You'll find it with canned tomato products or pasta sauces in the supermarket.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When it comes to Christmas cocktails for your next holiday party, we've got one that's elf-tested and Santa-approved! It combines the refreshing taste of pomegranate with just enough rum to put everyone in the holiday spirit! While Santa usually caters to the kids, this spritzer is an adult-only beverage that will have everyone "rockin' around the Christmas tree" this holiday season.