Brazilian Cheese Balls
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A popular Brazilian snack is pão de queijo, or Brazilian Cheese Balls. In our recipe, we bake them till they're lightly crisped and golden on the outside, but still ooey-gooey and pillowy on the inside. These cheesy delights are worthy of a gold medal!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 beaten eggs
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large saucepan over high heat, bring oil, water, milk, and salt to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in flour and garlic until thoroughly combined. Add Parmesan cheese and eggs; mix well. (Mixture will be lumpy.)
- Form mixture into 1-1/2-inch balls and place on baking sheet. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until light golden.
- Because these are made with tapioca flour, they're gluten-free! However, if you're sensitive to gluten, we suggest you check the labels of all your ingredients to make sure they're certified gluten-free.
- Never met a cheese we didn't like! Our Cheese Straws are another way to enjoy its savory goodness!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.