We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Did you know you could turn a head of cauliflower into a tasty flatbread? There's no magic needed to make our recipe for Cauliflower Flatbread. This diabetic-friendly flatbread is unbelievably good. We think it's the cheese and pesto sauce that really makes this recipe extra delicious!
What You'll Need
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into chunks
- 2 cups (8-ounce) fat-free, shredded, mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pesto sauce
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place cauliflower in a microwaveable bowl, cover, and microwave 5 minutes, or until soft; let cool slightly.
- Place cauliflower in a food processor or blender and process until it reaches the consistency of mashed potatoes.
- In a bowl, combine cauliflower, 1 cup cheese, the eggs, garlic, onion powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper until well mixed. Spread mixture in a 1/2-inch-thick layer on baking sheet. Top with remaining cheese and drizzle with pesto sauce.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden. Cut into 4 pieces and serve immediately.
- Top this amazing "flatbread" with thin slices of grape or cherry tomatoes to add a pop of color and a touch of freshness.
- This recipe comes from the Mr. Food Test Kitchen's Guilt-Free Weeknight Favorites published by the American Diabetes Association. To order your own copy of the book, just click here!
- To find even more great-tasting diabetic-friendly recipes, as well as the complete nutritional information for this recipe, click HERE!