Everyday Fruit Loaf
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
At holiday time we feel like we have to have fruitcake, and we always have leftovers. Well, this fruit loaf is different...watch how fast it disappears!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dried apricots, quartered
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large bowl, combine the raisins, apricots, baking soda, sugar, and butter. Add the boiling water; mix well.
- Let cool, then add the eggs and flour. Mix by hand until moistened; the batter will be lumpy.
- Pour into a loaf pan that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray and bake for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
The finished loaf should be very moist.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When it comes to Christmas cocktails for your next holiday party, we've got one that's elf-tested and Santa-approved! It combines the refreshing taste of pomegranate with just enough rum to put everyone in the holiday spirit! While Santa usually caters to the kids, this spritzer is an adult-only beverage that will have everyone "rockin' around the Christmas tree" this holiday season.