Kickin' Corn Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We've got a secret ingredient that makes our Kickin' Corn Bread second to none. And the best part is, a box mix helps this recipe come together in a flash!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 (15-ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 chipotle chile pepper in adobo sauce (from a 7-ounce can)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-1/2-ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch cast iron skillet or 8-inch cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat sweet potatoes, egg, milk, chipotle pepper, and salt until smooth. Stir in corn muffin mix just until moistened. Pour batter into skillet.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, mix butter and honey. Brush over top of bread and let cool 5 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve with remaining honey butter.
- If you like this recipe, check out some more great corn bread recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the heat of summer has us turning away from comfort foods, we like to turn to recipes like this Chilled Beefed-Up Summer Salad. And, since salad is only as good as the dressing that goes on it, you can bet we've paired this beefy summer salad with the perfect, homemade, creamy horseradish dressing to make this extra mm..mm..tasty!