The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Lemon Swirled Gingerbread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
Lemon curd sure does brighten up the flavors in this recipe for Lemon Swirled Gingerbread. Creamy, tangy, and full of holiday flavor, this shortcut gingerbread dessert recipe is going to become one of your new favorites!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 1 (10-ounce) package gingerbread mix
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
What to Do
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric beater until smooth. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, beating well. Add egg, beating just until blended. Fold in lemon curd.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare gingerbread batter according to package directions. Pour half of batter into a greased 8-inch square pan. Dollop lemon mixture over batter; pour remaining batter over lemon mixture. Swirl a knife through batter, touching bottom of pan and swirling to bring some lemon mixture to top of cake. Bake 35 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Sift powdered sugar over cake.
You can find already prepared lemon curd in the jams and jellies section of most supermarkets.
This recipe is from The Best of Mr. Food Cookbook Series Oxmoor House, Inc. If you would like more recipes like this, click here.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake
We cant think of a better way to celebrate June is Dairy Month than by making a decadent, Italian style cheesecake that uses a collection of dairy aisle favorites.