Merry Berry Muffins
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 dozen muffins
- COOK TIME
- 18 Min
Be merry and eat these Berry Muffins. Sweet and simple, this recipe is Yum-my!
What You'll Need
- 2 1/4 cups biscuit mix
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh whole berries (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon water
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Combine biscuit mix and 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar, in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine egg, buttermilk, and butter in a small bowl; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moist. Stir in berries.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin pan, filling three-fourths full. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar evenly over batter. Bake 18 minutes. Remove from pan immediately.
These muffins are merry 'cause you pick the berry! Your choice of berry, that is! I recommend fresh raspberries, blueberries, or blackberries. If you use strawberries, be sure to quarter 'em. And you decide on the amount of sugar to add depending on the sweetness of the berries and how you like your muffins- tart or sweet!