We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for a change-of-pace bread to go with your Italian-themed dinner? Try our recipe for Olive Focaccia. This easy foccacia bread is made using a variety of different olives, to give it a truly authentic taste.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup pitted chopped kalamata or other ripe black olives
- 1/2 cup pitted chopped Sicilian or other green olives
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 450 degree F. Using your fingertips or the heel of your hand, spread the dough to cover the bottom of a 12- to 14-inch pizza pan that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Push the dough up to the edge of the pan, forming a rim. With a fork, prick the dough 15 to 20 times. Brush with the oil. Sprinkle the olives over the top of the dough, then top with the cheese and oregano.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the focaccia is crisp and brown. Cut in half, then cut each half into 6 to 8 strips for easy serving.
Kalamata and Sicilian olives can usually be found at the deli counter in larger supermarkets, and sometimes you can even find them pitted. If not, make sure to cut the olives away from the pits before placing on the dough.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 121
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6g 6 %
- Saturated Fat 0.3g 1 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 3.7g 7 %
- Cholesterol 0.7mg 0 %
- Sodium 293mg 12 %
- Total Carbohydrates 18g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.8g 3 %
- Sugars 1.4g 0 %