Seven Minute Cinnamon Buns
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Is it possible to make steaming-hot cinnamon buns in less than 10 minutes? It sure is, with the help of the microwave!
What You'll Need
- 1 large (16.3-ounce) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons milk
What to Do
- Separate the biscuit dough and cut each biscuit into 4 pieces; place the pieces in a large bowl. Pour the melted butter over the biscuit pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine the granulated sugar, cinnamon, and pecans. Sprinkle the sugar mixture over the biscuit pieces and toss until evenly coated.
- Place the dough mixture in a microwave-safe 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Cook in the microwave at 70 percent power for 5 minutes. Remove from the microwave, let cool for 2 minutes, then invert onto a platter.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar and milk to make a glaze; drizzle over the warm cinnamon buns, and serve.
Did you know that it's as easy as 1, 2, 3 to make an omelet in the microwave? Simply beat 2 or 3 eggs, place them in a microwave-safe pie plate, and microwave at 100 percent power for 1 to 2 minutes. Fold in half, and enjoy! Of course, we can mix in our favorite cheese or chopped cooked veggies or meats to make our quick omelets extra special.