Sweet Potato Biscuits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You don't have to take a trip down to the South to enjoy this Southern favorite. Our Sweet Potato Biscuits are good, old-fashioned, Southern eatin'. Actually, we think they may be some of the most incredible biscuits we've ever tasted (especially when ya drizzle 'em with a little honey or syrup!).
What You'll Need
- 1 cup mashed canned sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, using a fork, mix sweet potatoes, milk, sugar, egg, and butter until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Using 2 knives or a pastry cutter, cut shortening into flour mixture. Pour sweet potato mixture into flour mixture and mix until just combined. Drop by large spoonfuls onto rimmed baking sheets.
- Bake 14 to 17 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm.
- For an extra sweet finishing touch, brush these yummy biscuits with warm maple syrup.
- Here's another delicious way to enjoy sweet potatoes -- try our Sweet Potato Fries!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Calories 213
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4g 13 %
- Saturated Fat 3.5g 18 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 3.8g 8 %
- Cholesterol 19mg 6 %
- Sodium 141mg 6 %
- Total Carbohydrates 30g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.0g 4 %
- Sugars 8.3g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll impress everyone at the dinner table with this recipe for Grape Stompin' Chicken. The light cream sauce that goes over the chicken breasts is delicious, especially since it's accented with the flavors of fresh grapes and a splash of wine.