Sweet Potato Rounds
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 14 biscuits
- 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 13 Min
These buttery biscuits are great for breakfast or dinner, and we especially like them as holiday cocktail biscuits-just tuck a few slivers of baked ham and a spoonful of cranberry sauce into each one before baking. If you want to make these biscuits slightly smaller, use a smaller cutter and remember to bake a minute or two less.
What You'll Need
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can cooked mashed sweet potato
- 1 cup buttermilk
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until crumbly.
- Combine 1 cup sweet potato and buttermilk; add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Reserve remaining sweet potato for another use.)
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 3 or 4 times. Pat or roll dough to 3/4-inch thickness; cut dough with a 2-3/4-inch round cutter, and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake 13 minutes or until edges are golden.