Upside Down Pineapple Muffins
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Remember how popular pineapple upside-down cake used to be? Well, here's a twist on that old favorite...yup, muffin style! Upside-down or right side up, they're delicious every time.
What You'll Need
- 2 (20-ounce) cans sliced pineapple, drained
- 1 (8-1/2 ounce) can sliced pineapple, drained
- 24 maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 (15.25-ounce) package white cake mix
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained, with juice reserved
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 24 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Place a pineapple ring in bottom of each cup. (Pineapple will come up the sides.) Place a cherry in center of each pineapple ring and sprinkle each with an equal amount of brown sugar; set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cake mix, oil, egg whites, and reserved pineapple juice until well combined. Stir in crushed pineapple and divide mixture evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool 15 minutes, then invert muffins onto a baking sheet. Allow to cool, then serve, or cover until ready to serve.
Make sure to invert the muffins while still warm so they'll easily pop out of the muffin cups.
Here's another tasty muffin to add to your basket -- Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins!
- Want even more tasty cake mix recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Tempting Cake Mix Recipes: 30 Simple Recipes with Cake Mix.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've made a rise 'n' shine pastry that you can enjoy with your morning cup of coffee that has...well, a twist to it! Our Chocolate Peanut Butter Twists are pretty enough to serve for a special brunch, but easy enough that anyone can make 'em. Plus, they feature everyone's favorite combo of chocolate and peanut butter!