The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Must-Make Muffins: 12 Easy Muffin Recipes
Red Velvet Banana Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- 3 loaves
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
Our Red Velvet Banana Bread is the burst of holiday flavor we've been waiting for! You can use it as a Christmas gift recipe that everyone will love, or you can serve it up to your loved ones at home. The festive color and classic banana bread flavor mean this easy Christmas recipe is exactly what they'll want to find under the tree this season.
What You'll Need
- 1 red velvet cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat three 8- x 4-inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat cake mix, oil, and eggs. Add bananas; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts. Pour batter evenly into loaf pans. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave white chocolate chips 30 to 60 seconds or until melted and smooth. Pour into a re-sealable plastic bag. Cut tip off and drizzle over bread. Let set until chocolate hardens.
Check This Out!
- To make this a gift, wrap your Red Velvet Banana Bread in clear plastic wrap, tie a bow around the loaf and add a gift tag!
- Our site is loaded with Christmas desserts! Our Frosty Peppermint Cookies and our Christmas Crack are almost too good to be true!
- Plus, make this Naked Eggnog Cake to really impress at your next holiday party.
- If you need more homemade Christmas gift ideas, check out our Easy Hot Chocolate Fudge or our Snowman Poop!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Herb Crusted Lamb with Mint Sauce
Instead of cooking ham or prime rib for Easter, why not try something new this year? Our Herb-Crusted Lamb with Mint Sauce may look and sound fancy, but it's really easy to do. It's basically a rack of lamb that's coated with herbs and spices before it's roasted to perfection. Just before serving, it's finished off with a mint-wine reduction. The end result is an Easter-worthy main dish that'll impress everyone at the table.