The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Raisin Brownie Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- 16 Bars
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
Looking for a way to get your kids to eat their raisins? This easy brownie recipe might do the trick! These chocolate desserts are infused with a bit of a fruity kick, making a unique brownie recipe you'll have to whip out during your child's next class party. Wrap up the extras and put them in the freezer for late night snacking.
What You'll Need
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate-covered raisins
- Cooking spray
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour and next 6 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened (mixture will be thick). Let mixture stand 10 minutes. Fold in chocolate-covered raisins.
- Press mixture into prepared pan. Bake 23 to 25 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
If you're craving chocolate, these dark, fudgy brownies are the ticket! The mixture is very thick and requires a standing time of 10 minutes. Don't skimp on this? it gives the dry ingredients time to moisten, and the wait is definitely worth it!
This recipe is from The Best of Mr. Food Cookbook Series Oxmoor House, Inc. If you would like more recipes like this, click here.
Aug 29, 2016
This reminds me of the chunky Square candy bar that had fruits and nuts inside the chocolate. I haven't seen those in a long time. I think I'll make these brownies and put half the chocolate covered raisins and half dried cherries or cranberries and some chopped nuts.
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Breakfast in a Mug
Life gets busy and sometimes, that means we need quick breakfast ideas we can take on-the go. Well, it doesn't get much quicker than our Breakfast in a Mug recipe. You can make this in the microwave in less than 5 minutes. Wanna know the best part? You can grab the mug and go! No more excuses to skip the most important meal of the day.