The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Death by Chocolate: Dessert Heaven with 30 of Our Best Chocolate Recipes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- 12 to 15 squares
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
By using prepared brownie mix, applesauce, and egg whites, you get to lighten up the calories while lightening up your work, too!
What You'll Need
- 1 (21 to 23 ounce) package brownie mix
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon applesauce, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking or old- fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine brownie mix, 1/2 cup applesauce, water, and egg whites; stir with a spoon until thoroughly mixed. Pour into a prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 1 teaspoon applesauce, oats, and brown sugar; mix with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle over brownie batter and bake 25 to 28 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
May 14, 2013
I usually use a whole egg or eggs when a recipe calls for egg whites . Is this o k ? And when is it not o k to use whole eggs .
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Breakfast in a Mug
Life gets busy and sometimes, that means we need quick breakfast ideas we can take on-the go. Well, it doesn't get much quicker than our Breakfast in a Mug recipe. You can make this in the microwave in less than 5 minutes. Wanna know the best part? You can grab the mug and go! No more excuses to skip the most important meal of the day.