We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Rich, chewy and chocolaty, our recipe for Traditional Brownies tastes so much better than store-bought brownies or brownies from a mix ever could.
What You'll Need
- 4 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or other nuts (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a double boiler or a medium saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl. Beat in sugar and eggs. Stir in flour, salt, and vanilla until well blended. Stir in nuts, if using.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until top is dry and almost firm to the touch (see Note). Cool in pan then cut into squares.
For less fudgy brownies, bake these for 5 more minutes. If you want to frost these, wait ’til they’re completely cool.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Calories 295
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 19g 29 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 55 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 5.3g 11 %
- Cholesterol 89mg 30 %
- Sodium 122mg 5 %
- Total Carbohydrates 31g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.5g 10 %
- Sugars 17g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
For a fresh and quick meal, whip up our Fresh Garden Pasta! Made with all the warm weather favorites, like zucchini, summer squash, and onion chunks, our garden veggie angel pasta is a flavorful symphony of flavors. Dig in to enjoy the combination of roasted veggies that rests beautifully on top of some angel hair pasta! But the best part of this summer pasta recipe? It's totally budget-friendly! Plus, you can easily swap out your roasted veggies based on what's in your kitchen or available at the local farmer's market.