The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Death by Chocolate: Dessert Heaven with 30 of Our Best Chocolate Recipes
Chocolate Christmas Tree Forest
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
Our recipe for this Chocolate Christmas Tree Forest is going to help you enter into a winter wonderland that's made up of your favorite easy brownie recipe! Thanks to a little frosting and some holiday sprinkles, you'll get to watch the faces of your friends and family light up as their go-to chocolate dessert recipe gets a little more festive!
What You'll Need
- 1 package brownie mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 12 pretzel sticks
- 1 (16-ounce) container vanilla frosting
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 20 drops green food color
- Holiday nonpareils or candies for decorating
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square baking dish with aluminum foil, leaving enough to extend over sides, then coat foil with cooking spray. Pour batter into baking dish and bake 35 to 38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs on it. Let cool completely.
- Remove brownies by lifting the foil from baking dish. Peel off foil and place brownies on a work surface; cut into three rows.
- Cut off a triangle from one end and cut 4 additional Christmas tree-shaped pieces from each row. (The two end pieces from each row will be odd-shaped triangles, so go ahead and save those for the kids to nibble on.) Press a pretzel stick into the bottom of each ‘brownie tree,” as shown.
- In a medium bowl, combine the vanilla frosting, confectioners' sugar, peppermint extract, and food color; mix well. Spoon frosting into a pastry bag with a writing tip on it, or into a plastic storage bag with the tip of one corner snipped. Decorate each brownie tree in a zig-zag design, as shown. Decorate with nonpareils or candies.
Check This Out!
- We've got Christmas desserts for everyone! Try our Christmas Crack, and our Crockpot Sugared Pecans.
- Our Red Velvet Banana Bread is a fantastic homemade Christmas gift; and you won't want to miss our Snowman Poop!
- For something really indulgent, try Santa's Cream Christmas Treat.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This cake doesn't just look pretty, it tastes amazing too! Our Strawberry-Lemonade Cake is a great cake for the warmer months, when we crave lighter and brighter flavors. Plus, it starts out with a box of cake mix, so you know it's going to be easy. We're sure you're going to love it!