All-American Strawberry Layer Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
All-American Strawberry Layer Cake is the perfect dessert to serve to your "berry" best company. It's a light, fruity cream cake that's long on goodness and short on work.
What You'll Need
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 3 pints fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Bake cake batter according to package directions for two 9-inch round layers; let cool. Slice each cake layer in half horizontally, making 4 layers, and place 1 layer on a serving platter. Slice 2 pints of strawberries and set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on high speed, beat the cream, sugar, and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Spread one-fourth of the whipped cream mixture over top of first cake layer. Top with one-third of the sliced strawberries. Repeat with remaining layers, topping final layer with remaining pint of whole strawberries, hulled-side down.
- Cover loosely and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
You can bake the cake layers ahead of time and freeze them until needed. Just make sure to wrap each layer well.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Chilled Stacked Salad is a colorful and easy make-ahead layered salad that is perfect for easy summer entertaining. It's among our favorite easy salad recipes for potluck parties. We know once you start stacking, you'll never want to stop!