Apple Coffee Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Celebrate apple season with a homestyle Apple Coffee Cake that simply shouts comfort. Imagine taking this coffee cake warm out of the oven and serving it with a scoop of ice cream or enjoying it as a morning treat. No matter which way you choose to serve this coffee cake recipe, your whole gang will love it. Talk about the perfect autumn recipe!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 3 apples, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, 1/4 cup butter, and the egg until well mixed and crumbly. Stir in apples, then spread batter into cake pan (mixture will be crumbly).
- In a small bowl, combine Topping ingredients; mix well and sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm or allow to cool, then cover until ready to serve.
- Fresh apples are available year-round, but if you don't have any on hand you can always use canned apples. Just be sure to drain them well and cut them into 1/2-inch chunks.
- And if you're looking to prevent your apples from browning, we've got just the page!
- Love apple recipes? Try our Caramel-Dipped Chocolate Apples for an extra special treat!
- When it comes to coffee cakes, we've got plenty! Check out our collection of 10 Coffee Cake Recipes You'll Celebrate.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 365
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14g 22 %
- Saturated Fat 6.1g 31 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 4.1g 8 %
- Cholesterol 46mg 15 %
- Sodium 294mg 12 %
- Total Carbohydrates 57g 19 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.1g 8 %
- Sugars 37g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If your Thanksgiving leftovers look sort of blah, it's time for a leftover makeover! No worries, we've found a way to turn those Thanksgiving leftovers into a tasty favorite that's way more fun to eat than a plain old turkey sandwich. Our Thanksgiving Leftover Poppers take just 15 minutes, which makes them a good idea if you're in a hurry to go shopping!