Apple Spice Custard Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 50 Min
Ordinary apple cakes, step aside! This apple cake recipe features a creamy, custard-like topping that's absolutely heavenly. Our Apple Spice Custard Cake is a must-bake for autumn entertaining.
What You'll Need
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and finely chopped (about 2 cups) (see Note)
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package spice cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Ground cinnamon for garnish
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir apples into cake batter. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- In a medium bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, and lemon juice. Spread over top of cake.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until center is set, like custard. Sprinkle with cinnamon and cool completely. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
We prefer to use a tart variety of apple in this, like Granny Smith. But if you'd rather, a Red Delicious apple will give you a sweeter taste that really is "delicious!"
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 384
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17g 26 %
- Saturated Fat 6.2g 31 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 5.9g 12 %
- Cholesterol 71mg 24 %
- Sodium 308mg 13 %
- Total Carbohydrates 52g 17 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.3g 1 %
- Sugars 38g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll impress everyone at the dinner table with this recipe for Grape Stompin' Chicken. The light cream sauce that goes over the chicken breasts is delicious, especially since it's accented with the flavors of fresh grapes and a splash of wine.