Blueberry and Plum Cornmeal Cakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Fresh blueberries and plums give these Blueberry and Plum Cornmeal Cakes a kick of fruity flavor. Top 'em off with our orange glaze for a burst of citrus that won't disappoint!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 4 plums, sliced and pitted
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
What to Do
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter six 4-inch cake pans or two extra large muffin pans.
2. Mix flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat butter with sugar until creamy; add eggs, oil, and vanilla. Beat in flour mixture, until well blended. With mixer set to low, add ricotta and yogurt; blend for 1-2 minutes.
4. Pour half of batter into prepared pans. Sprinkle with half of fruit. Spoon remaining batter on top of fruit, then place remaining fruit on top.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool on rack. To make glaze, reduce orange juice to 3/4 cup in a saute pan. Drizzle over cakes. Serve.