Candy Bar Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 cake
- 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 28 Min
You'd never guess that this cake started with a mix. It's dressed up with a layer of caramel topping and topped with peanut butter frosting but it's not finished until chopped candy bars are sprinkled on top!
What You'll Need
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (12.25-ounce) jar caramel topping
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 (2.07-ounce) chocolate-coated caramel-peanut nougat bars, chopped
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare cake mix according to package directions for a 9- x 13-inch baking pan. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Gently poke holes in top of cake, using end of a wooden spoon. Pour caramel topping slowly over cake.
- Beat cream cheese, peanut butter, and butter at with an electric beater at medium speed until creamy. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating at low speed until smooth; add milk. Stir in vanilla. Spread evenly over cake; sprinkle with chopped candy bars. Cut into squares to serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to serve.
- If you enjoyed this Candy Bar Cake, we bet you'll love our Candy Bar Pie or our Candy Bar Brownie Trifle.
- Want even more tasty cake mix recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Tempting Cake Mix Recipes: 30 Simple Recipes with Cake Mix.