Carrot Raisin Snack Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
These Carrot Raisin Snack Cakes bake up fast and will disappear just as quickly. And you'll love this too, speedy clean up. What more can we ask for?
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped raisins
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, finely chopped
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Beat brown sugar and butter at medium speed of an electric beater until creamy; add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt just until moistened; stir in raisins and carrots. Spread mixture into a lightly greased 9- by 13-inch pan. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack, and cut into squares.
This is a great dessert to keep on hand by making and freezing it for later use. Simply line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper and lightly dust with flour; then proceed as directed in the recipe. After cake has baked, cool for 10 minutes, and then remove from the pan-the cake should slide out easily. Once completely cooled, wrap cake in plastic wrap, and then wrap again in heavy-duty aluminum foil. Cake can be frozen up to 3 months.