We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll go nuts over Cashew Cake! This crunchy-sweet recipe is loaded with nuts and sugar.
What You'll Need
- 1 package (18.25-ounces) butter recipe yellow cake mix
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened and divided
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 cup finely crushed cashew nuts
- Whole cashew nuts for garnish
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat two 8-inch round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray, and lightly flour.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, 1/2 cup butter, the water, eggs, and almond extract; mix well. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pans, dividing evenly. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool, then remove from the pans to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, make frosting by combining the remaining 1/2 cup butter, the confectioners' sugar, milk, and rum extract; mix until smooth. Stir in the crushed cashews until mixed through.
- Place 1 cake layer upside down on a serving plate and frost the top. Place the second layer over the first and frost the top and sides of the cake completely. Garnish with the whole cashews then cover loosely and chill until ready to serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When it comes to choosing healthier meal options and indulging in something delicious, you can have both with our Steakhouse Salad! If you can't give up your love of steak, but need to start looking for something lighter at dinner time, this is the recipe for you. This meal gets a seal of approval from both veggie lovers and meat lovers everywhere, so don't miss out!