Cherry Almond Upside Down Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Move over, pineapple upside-down cake! Everybody's gonna be head over heels for the new cake in town.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup drained and chopped maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix, mixed according to the package directions
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (½ stick) butter, melted
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and flour
- Spread cherries evenly over bottom of prepared baking dish. Sprinkle almonds over cherries then pour prepared cake batter over cherries and almonds.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine cream cheese and melted butter and beat with an electric beater until creamy. Add sugar and beat until smooth. Starting 1 inch from edge of baking dish, drop mixture in 12 equal spoonfuls evenly over cake batter, pushing cream cheese mixture into batter.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 25 to 30 minutes and invert onto a platter; cut and serve when completely cooled.
To bring out the flavor of the almonds, lightly toast them in a 350 degree F oven for a few minutes before using as directed.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When it comes to choosing healthier meal options and indulging in something delicious, you can have both with our Steakhouse Salad! If you can't give up your love of steak, but need to start looking for something lighter at dinner time, this is the recipe for you. This meal gets a seal of approval from both veggie lovers and meat lovers everywhere, so don't miss out!