We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We've all heard the story that there's really only one fruitcake in the whole world and it keeps getting passed on from person to person. Well, this proves that there's more than one fruitcake. And it happens to be much tastier than traditional fruitcake, too, 'cause it starts with a cake mix and is packed with nuts, fruit, chocolate, and loads of flavor. I'd better give you fair warning - this one's addicting.
What You'll Need
- 1 (18.25 ounces) package Devil's food cake mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 (10 ounces) jar red maraschino cherries, drained and cut in half
- 1 (6 ounces) jar green maraschino cherries, drained and cut in half
- 1 cup (6 ounces) candied pineapple chunks, chopped
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 10-inch Bundt or tube pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, sour cream, and eggs until well combined. Stir in remaining ingredients until well mixed.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool 15 minutes then invert onto wire rack to cool completely.
Want to fancy this up? Top it with a red or green glaze made by mixing 1 cup confectioners' sugar with 2 tablespoons of either the red or green cherry liquid. For a white glaze, just use water or milk. And for an even simpler topping, lightly dust it with confectioners' sugar.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 573
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29g 45 %
- Saturated Fat 9.8g 49 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 6.0g 12 %
- Cholesterol 60mg 20 %
- Sodium 331mg 14 %
- Total Carbohydrates 78g 26 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.0g 16 %
- Sugars 54g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Imagine the taste of your favorite apple pie, combined with the taste of your favorite apple cobbler, served on a homemade shortbread crust. That's exactly what these Apple Cobbler Shortbread Squares taste like! This is a great apple dessert bar to make in the fall or anytime you get a craving for something apple-icious!