Chocolate Orange Swirl Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Don't bother looking for chocolate syrup to put on top of your cake...it's already mixed in!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange extract or grated zest of 1 orange
- 3 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chocolate-flavored syrup
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar (optional)
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a Bundt pan with cooking spray and lightly flour.
In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, cream butter, granulated sugar, and orange extract until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat well.
In another large bowl, combine flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and salt. Add alternately with sour cream to butter mixture, beating until well mixed.
In a medium-sized bowl, combine syrup and remaining 1/4 teaspoon baking soda. Add 2 cups of batter to syrup mixture and mix well; set aside.
Pour remaining batter into prepared Bundt pan. Pour chocolate batter over top of yellow batter in Bundt pan. Do not mix.
- Bake 65 to 70 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely. Sprinkle cooled cake with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
In a pinch, you can substitute the zest of 1 orange for the orange extract.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 596
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25g 39 %
- Saturated Fat 15g 76 %
- Trans Fat 0.8g 0 %
- Protein 7.1g 14 %
- Cholesterol 121mg 40 %
- Sodium 488mg 20 %
- Total Carbohydrates 87g 29 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.8g 7 %
- Sugars 56g 0 %