Chocolate Tres Leches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
STOP! If you plan on making just one dessert from this site, this has got to be it!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, 1/4 cup cocoa, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on high speed, beat eggs and sugar on high speed 2 to 3 minutes, or until creamy. Add water and vanilla and beat 8 to 10 minutes, or until doubled in volume.
- Fold in flour mixture and pour into prepared baking dish. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- While cake is cooling, in a medium-sized bowl, whisk together evaporated and condensed milks, cream, and remaining 2 teaspoons cocoa. With a fork or a knife, poke holes over entire surface of cake.
- Pour milk mixture over cake and allow to absorb. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
We like to serve each piece of this on a bed of our Mocha Mousse and top it off with another dollop of mousse. Boy, is that a chocolate lover's delight!