Christmas Crunch Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Your holiday gathering will be extra special and extra easy, when you start with a store-bought cake and fancy it up with your own homemade frosting and garnishes. Our Christmas Crunch Cake will do you proud!
What You'll Need
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (8-ounce) container or 1 cup finely chopped red candied cherries
- 1 Louisiana or other ring crunch cake
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3/4 cup halved red candied cherries, for garnish
What to Do
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Stir in ricotta cheese until well blended, then fold in chocolate chips and chopped cherries. Chill mixture overnight, so it achieves the proper firm spreading consistency.
- The next day, carefully cut cake horizontally, making three layers. Set bottom layer on a serving plate. Spread 1/3 of chilled mixture on top of bottom layer, then add next cake layer and repeat until top of cake is covered but sides are not.
- Spread whipped topping on sides of cake so that it meets filling on top of cake. Garnish by placing cherry halves around cake edge.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 412
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 23g 35 %
- Saturated Fat 14g 70 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 5.7g 11 %
- Cholesterol 53mg 18 %
- Sodium 105mg 4 %
- Total Carbohydrates 48g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.6g 3 %
- Sugars 38g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When it comes to choosing healthier meal options and indulging in something delicious, you can have both with our Steakhouse Salad! If you can't give up your love of steak, but need to start looking for something lighter at dinner time, this is the recipe for you. This meal gets a seal of approval from both veggie lovers and meat lovers everywhere, so don't miss out!