Easter Candy Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 15 cake squares
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
Our Easter Candy Cake is an adorable Easter cake recipe that wins the prize for tasting great and being lots of fun to make and eat. This from-scratch Easter cake is rich and chocolaty and topped with creamy white frosting for a classic taste. But the candy on top really sets this cute Easter dessert apart as the perfect centerpiece for your Easter dinner menu! This cake is sure to bring smiles to everyone's faces, and they'll think you spent hours making such a cute confection. Then you get the joy of telling them that this was a super easy Easter dessert recipe to make!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16-ounce) can white frosting
- Green decorating sugar, jelly beans, and marshmallow chicks
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13- baking dish with cooking spray then flour lightly.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cocoa, mayonnaise, water, and vanilla; blend with an electric beater on medium speed until well combined.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- Frost cake and cut into 15 squares. Decorate each square with colored sugar and Easter candies.
- We love Easter cake recipes! Know why? Because they are so adorable and full of spring colors! And spring is the perfect time of the year for new adventures and allowing yourself to see the brighter side of things. So, if you love this Easter cake recipe, check out our others, like this beautifully decorated Ultimate Coconut Cake, and for something super kid-friendly check out this fun Hoppy Easter Bunny Cake!
- Have a lot of guests coming your way and need help with the planning? We've got you covered! Check out our Easy Easter Dinner Menu for food that takes less time, so you have more time with the family.
- If you're on an Easter hunt for more than just eggs, check out our 25 Easy Easter Dessert Recipes! It's got everything from cakes, to pies, to treats that everyone will love!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Calories 297
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 11g 16 %
- Saturated Fat 1.6g 8 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 2.0g 4 %
- Cholesterol 5.2mg 2 %
- Sodium 335mg 14 %
- Total Carbohydrates 49g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.9g 4 %
- Sugars 33g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We're so crazy about carrots we like to use 'em in everything from soups to desserts. This recipe for Crazy Carrot Pancakes is a bit unexpected, but a lot welcomed, 'cause it's crazy easy, crazy good, and there's not a person who tries 'em who isn't crazy about 'em afterwards!