Easy Coffee Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Your favorite coffee cake just got a whole lot easier to make! Brew a fresh cup of hot coffee and enjoy it with a nice slice of our Easy Coffee Cake.
What You'll Need
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together the cake mix, sour cream, oil, granulated sugar and eggs in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients to make the filling/ topping.
- Pour half the batter into a well-greased and lightly floured 12-cup bundt pan. Sprinkle half of the filling/ topping, about 1 cup. Repeat the batter and filling layers, then bake for about 1 hour or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cake cool on rack then turn out onto serving plate. Cake will probably fall in... it's supposed to! That's what gives it its old-fashioned texture (and after it's inverted it won't matter anyway!)
This is especially nice drizzled with a glaze made by mixing together 1 cup confectioners' sugar and 3 tablespoons milk. You can also try it with Cream Cheese Icing.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If your Thanksgiving leftovers look sort of blah, it's time for a leftover makeover! No worries, we've found a way to turn those Thanksgiving leftovers into a tasty favorite that's way more fun to eat than a plain old turkey sandwich. Our Thanksgiving Leftover Poppers take just 15 minutes, which makes them a good idea if you're in a hurry to go shopping!