Elfin Crispy Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We've got the perfect dessert for your little elves during the holidays, and it goes by the name of Elfin Crispy Cake. This crispy cereal cake is an ooey-gooey, chocolaty kind of yummy that's so easy to make...they can help too!
What You'll Need
- 8 cups unsweetened cereal (your elf's favorite)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 (10-ounce) package marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted nuts
- 1 cup (6-ounce package) semisweet chocolate chips
What to Do
- Coat a large bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Fill the bowl with the cereal; set aside.
- In a large skillet, combine the butter and brown sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly until the sugar is dissolved. Add the marshmallows, stirring until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Immediately pour the mixture over the cereal and stir until well coated. Stir in the nuts and chocolate chips.
- Press the mixture into a 9" x 13" baking pan that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Set aside for 2 hours before cutting and serving.
If you'd like, you can use chocolate coated candies, gumdrops, or any other type of candy instead of the chocolate chips.