Halloween Pumpkin Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
For that Halloween party or simply as an autumn treat for the kids, there's no trick to this pumpkin-shaped cake.
What You'll Need
- 2 (18-1/4-ounce) packages devil's food cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 (4-serving) package instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 3/4 teaspoon red food color, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon yellow food color, divided
- 2 (16-ounce) containers white frosting
- 4 drops green food color
What to Do
- Bake each batch of cake batter in a Bundt pan according to package directions. Remove from pans and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- While cakes are cooling, in a medium bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk. Add 1/4 teaspoon red food color and 1/4 teaspoon yellow food color to pudding and whisk until it turns orange; cover and chill.
- After cakes have cooled, place 1 cake on a serving platter, flat-side up. Without cutting through bottom of cake, make a vertical cut 1/2 inch from outside edge of cake all the way around the cake, then make another vertical cut (parallel to the first one) 1/2 inch from inside edge of cake all around the cake. Gently remove cake between the 2 cuts, forming a trench, being careful not to tear bottom of cake; set aside. Fill trench with pudding.
- Place other cake, flat-side down, on top of first cake, lining up edges so that it takes on the shape of a pumpkin. Set aside 1/2 cup frosting then, in a medium bowl, combine remaining frosting with remaining 1/2 teaspoon red and 1/2 teaspoon yellow food color; mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine reserved 1/2 cup frosting with green food color, stirring until well blended.
- Fill center hole with reserved cake pieces, allowing one long piece to stick out the top, forming a stem. Frost cake lightly with orange frosting so the lines in the cake are still visible. Frost center stem with green frosting.
- Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
Use decorating gel to turn this pumpkin cake into your favorite jack-o'-lantern.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Calories 544
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24g 37 %
- Saturated Fat 4.7g 24 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 3.0g 6 %
- Cholesterol 77mg 26 %
- Sodium 575mg 24 %
- Total Carbohydrates 77g 26 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g 5 %
- Sugars 53g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If your Thanksgiving leftovers look sort of blah, it's time for a leftover makeover! No worries, we've found a way to turn those Thanksgiving leftovers into a tasty favorite that's way more fun to eat than a plain old turkey sandwich. Our Thanksgiving Leftover Poppers take just 15 minutes, which makes them a good idea if you're in a hurry to go shopping!