Homestyle Chocolate Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This decadent, easy-to-make chocolate cake beats store-bought cake hands down! What's the secret ingredient that gives it such a rich, to-die-for texture? You won't believe it, but it's mayonnaise, and it's probably in your fridge right now!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, and flour lightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, cocoa, mayonnaise, water, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract; blend with an electric beater on medium speed until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat the butter until creamy. Add the confectioners' sugar, milk, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract; blend until smooth. Frost cooled cake.
Did you know? This recipe was one of best-loved recipes of 2012! Click here to find out what else made the list.
- Top it off just right with one of the recipes from our collection of Homemade Frosting Recipes: 14 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 389
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13g 20 %
- Saturated Fat 4.0g 20 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 3.2g 6 %
- Cholesterol 20mg 7 %
- Sodium 461mg 19 %
- Total Carbohydrates 66g 22 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 6 %
- Sugars 44g 0 %