Hoppy Easter Bunny Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This beautifully decorated Easter cake is sure to have everyone hoppin' around with joy. Our Hoppy Easter Bunny Cake is from "The Ultimate Cake Mix & More Cookbook," which means it's made with one of our favorite shortcuts - cake mix! Plus, this is so fun and whimsical, it's the perfect Easter cake recipe when you want to have the kids help decorate.
What You'll Need
- 1 (15-1/4-ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 drops neon blue food color
- 1 (16-ounce) can vanilla frosting
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 to 3 drops green food color
- 22 marshmallow bunnies, assorted colors
- About 50 jelly beans
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat the bottoms of 2 (8-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs, and vanilla until thoroughly combined. Place 1/2 cup batter in a small bowl; stir in blue food color until evenly blended, then set aside. Pour remaining batter evenly into cake pans. Place spoonfuls of blue batter randomly over batter in cake plans and swirl with a butter knife.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place 1 cake layer on a serving platter and frost top. Place second layer over first and frost top and sides of cake.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut and green food color; mix until thoroughly blended. Sprinkle evenly over top of cake. Place marshmallow bunnies around sides of cake, alternating colors and pressing them gently to secure. Decorate top edge with jelly beans, as shown.
More Favorites for the Family!
- One of the great things we love here at the Mr. Food Test Kitchen is coming up with quick and easy recipes that taste great and give you more time with the family. We are always so happy when you come to us for Easter cake recipes, and tons of other recipes to share with the family. If you like this recipe, make sure to check out all our current cookbooks, to see which one might work great in your kitchen!
- Making great things from cake mix is something we enjoy. It's great to experiment in the kitchen. Then, we like to put them into collections for you, like these Incredible Chocolate Cake Mix Recipes! Plus, we bet you'll love our Pudding Mix Desserts!
- Love this Easter cake recipe? Then you have to check out our Easy Easter Dessert Recipes! If you try any of these out, tell us about it in the comments below!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 11
- Calories 508
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21g 33 %
- Saturated Fat 5.2g 26 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 4.2g 8 %
- Cholesterol 51mg 17 %
- Sodium 365mg 15 %
- Total Carbohydrates 76g 25 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.7g 3 %
- Sugars 61g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Four-Layer Pecan Pie recipe is layered with creamy filling, crunchy pecans, and a flaky refrigerated pie crust that truly make this a delectable dessert. Top it with a scoop of your favorite ice cream and a drizzle of maple syrup for a dessert you'll want to eat over and over again.